Original Birkebeiner Painting
- Want to know more about waxing? — Eastern Mountain Centre, Wed 2nd June, 6:30pm
- Membership for 2015-16 is now due
- 25 Faces of the Hoppet — #12 & #13
- 2015 Birkie Junior Development Camp – FULL
- XC Ski & Bushwalking Gear Market: Tuesday 26th May Kew Library
- 2015 Birkie Junior Development Camp Applications now open
- Casserole Pre-Season Dinner – Sat 6th June
- 25 Faces of the Hoppet — #11
The club’s AGM was held last Wednesday 20th May with 22 members in attendance. Membership fees will remain the same as last year, and members are reminded that the 2015 Membership Fee is due on 1st June.
Click [HERE] for online payment.
To view the 2015/16 Committee click [HERE]
Click [HERE] to find out who is the latest Face of the Hoppet.
Please note, applications for the 2015 Birkie Junior Development Camp are now CLOSED.
Now we just need snow!
The 2015 Birkie 2 Day Junior Development Camp Applications are now open. The two day camp will be held on Monday 6th to Tuesday 7th July 2015 using the Outdoor School – Bogong Village for accommodation and skiing at Falls Creek. The camp is open to students in years 5 to 8. Applications close Saturday 4th July 2015.
You can download the Camp Information (pdf) and the Application Form (Word doc) by visiting the Club’s website under Programs > Junior Camps
Also visit the Junior Joey section under Programs > Junior Joeys on the Club’s website to view this seasons program including a series of introductory fun races called the Snow, Trek & Travel Mini Series.
When: 6.00 pm Saturday 6th June 2015
Where: Outdoor School – Bogong Village
RSVP: By Wednesday 3rd June to Kerry Lucas (Social Secretary)
Email: email@example.com Tel: 5754 1341, Mob: 0407 814 114
- Parking — It would be best to drop off food and passengers then park down at Bogong Jack’s Cafe. Parking is limited around the School.
- Food — Bring food to share (singles – a casserole or dessert, families – casserole and dessert), plus your own drinks and glasses. There are plastic beakers for kids’ drinks. Plates and utensils are provided.
- Children– Main course dinner for the children will be served first at 6.30 and then be supervised by some of the older children.
— An inch of powder on a mile of base —
Science on the polar ice caps from a snow sports perspective
His research involves ice sheets, solar radiation and the gases in the atmosphere that affect climate and stratospheric ozone. He has led eight research expeditions in Antarctica and Greenland. He is also working with the energy industry to address the problem of greenhouse gas emissions.
While at the poles, David makes the most of the environment as a keen skier and climber. His presentation will give insights into the scientific and outdoor activities of these special places.
- Second hand equipment sale (bring it along, someone may buy it. Label it with your name and the asking price).
- DVDs and other activities for the kids.
- Lots of talk, It’s a great night to meet members & get fired up for the coming season.
- The Ian Ryan Club Award will be presented.
- New & old members most welcome.
A Reminder — The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is being held this Wednesday 20th May at the 2015 starting at 7:30pm in the AUDITORIUM@informationcentre. (next to the Kangaroo Hoppet Office). For a Nomination Form click [HERE].